Thursday, December 31, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

One month exactly today.

I do not know whether or not I am learning new things about myself, or if I am just more aware of what has been true before. Some aspects are negative, some positive. Like most changes, this has all been a test of patience, humility, and courage, and it continues to be. I suppose I am brave, in small ways. I guess I should give myself a lot more credit. That is something very tough for me to do though and I argue with myself--about everything. I do not know if I have accomplished much so far. I try to focus on the present rather than the grand scheme of things, past or future. If I try to estimate the uncertain, 2010 will have lost all promise and isn't that the whole point of "New" in "New Year's"? The promise of what may come? The promises we make to ourselves? I never make resolutions, they are too easy to break and then we become upset with ourselves as if we have failed. I think the best anyone can do is make a vow to live to the best of our ability, with fortitude and conscientiousness.

My hope as always, is to be happy (a year from now, five or ten years from now), happy in the life I have chosen and with what has been given to me by the grace of God.

Have a blessed new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment