Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Thought



On March 12th, my nephew was born. He is, of course, so tiny and precious and fills me with a sense of wonder I cannot accurately describe.

I was able to visit my sister, brother in law and little Ben for a few days. It was emotional, to say the very least, as one can expect when on borrowed time... bittersweet, as they say.

I also knew it would be hard work but that does not matter to me. I was only too glad to be of help. Even having nearly thirteen years of babysitting under my belt, I was unsure of how I might be around an infant. It has been a while after all. I know that a short week does not a parent make, but I was pleased to find that I was actually pretty good with him and that we "clicked"! I think much of that had to do with the fact that he is my sister's child and therefore a part of me. My sister told me that she could not believe it, that he was really here and her very own.

I feel secure in the promise my family has made to be close, forever and always. I know Ben and I, too will be a part of eachother's lives. I am exceedingly proud of them all and love them with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment